Wednesday 27 February 2013

Cast, Costumes and Location

My group and I have decided to have one main character. The team and I decided to have me as the main character, reason being is that we wanted someone who would be dedicated and willing to put in 110%. I thought I would be the right person for this because at the end this course it would be my group and I being graded and we did not really want anyone destroying our chances in getting a good grade. Another reason I was chosen to be the main character is no one really wanted to step up to the plate, and we needed the character to be a young man and I fitted the criteria and the character we imagined.

A lot had to be changed for me to actually get the right look my group and I wanted, the way I dressed had to be altered in to more of a 'Thuggish' look from looking sophisticated and smart. It was not really hard to get the Urban 'Thuggish' look, a 'puffa' jacket, jeans and trainers worked well. The reason we went for the Urban 'Thuggish' look is it allows us to give an interpretation of the song and its album title 'Urban Hymns', the look goes well with the society we are trying to portray through out the song.


The Location we decided to choose in the end was Camden, reason being is that it fits in well with the whole concept of Urban. The area is well known for its 'strange' and extraordinary look and we believed this was the right place to shoot. It allowed us to look at society in a different way, we felt that people were able to feel free and not be judged on their appearance or on the way they acted, this allowed us to feel comfortable when we were filming whiles people stood around and admired.


No comments:

Post a Comment